If a subscription payment fails, Stripe doesn't automatically ask the customer to update their card details. This is something you need to do.
Fortunately it's not too hard.
There are two ways to do this:
- Ask the customer to go to https://bookthatin.com/Subscription/Manage and they can update their card details from their Book That In account.
- If 1 fails for any reason, follow these instructions to email a link to the customer to update their credit card details on their subscription directly with Stripe:
- Search for the customer on your Stripe account
- Click on customer to open their details
- Navigate to 'Recent Invoices' towards the bottom of the page
- Invoices: click on most recent invoice
- From the “Details” section: copy “payment page link” and email to customer
- The customer can update their card details by following the instructions on this tutorial; https://help.bookthatin.com/a/solutions/articles/43000668075